Medicare New Patients
We would like to welcome you to our NDBC clinic system and to thank you for choosing National Dizzy & Balance Center to help you with your healthcare needs. Please read and follow the information below so we can schedule your appointment as soon as possible.
STEP ONE – OBTAINING A REFERRAL
- YOU MUST HAVE A REFERRAL TO BE SEEN AT NDBC!
- You must see your primary care or another physician and ask for a referral to be seen at NDBC.
- If you want to be referred directly to Physical Therapy you must have a physical therapy referral from a specialist (Neurologist, ENT, Otolaryngologist). General / Internists cannot refer directly into physical therapy.
- Chiropractors cannot refer you in as Medicare won’t pay for your claims.
- We CANNOT obtain a referral for you, you must obtain one on your own.
- We will call YOU to schedule your appointment once we have received and processed your referral from your physician.
- Please allow at least 7 DAYS before calling our clinic to verify if we have received & processed your referral from your physician.
STEP TWO – SCHEDULING YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT
- Once we receive your referral we will register your account and call you within 24 hours of receiving it.
- You will need these items for us to schedule your appointment (if you don’t have them on you we cannot schedule you).
- Verify your name, DOB, Address, Referring Provider
- Insurance Card (s) – to get insurance information
- We need your Medicare # even if you have a supplemental insurance as a lot of times your therapy is billed to Medicare.
- Calendar to schedule your appointment
- An email to send your paperwork to do electronically
- If you do not have an email address, we ask you to obtain one that can be used by a family member to help you fill out the paperwork online.
- If you have had these tests done prior to NDBC and within the past 6 months –please have your providers fax them to us at 952-345-6789. This will help NDBC providers make better diagnosis and possible prevent duplicate testing:
- MRI / CT scans within the past year
- Hearting Test within the past year
- For directions to our clinics please visit our Locations page
STEP THREE – FILLING OUT YOUR PAPERWORK ONLINE
- ** You must have an email to fill out our online paperwork in our Docusign Online Program **
- If you do not have an email address please reach out to a family member to assist you.
- You cannot be seen in one of our clinics if this isn’t done prior to your scheduled appointment.
- An email will be sent to you from our Docusign program. All this paperwork is filled out electronically. Please click on the Docusign link and follow the prompts to adopt a signature that you will use throughout the document.
- These are the sections you are REQUIRED to fill out in our Docusign Online Program:
- ADOPT YOUR SIGNATURE
- NDBC Financial Policy
- Once you adopt your signature you will initial NDBC’s financial policy requirements to be seen
- NDBC Health History Form
- Please fill out the 5 page form so NDBC providers can appropriately treat you.
- If you have a long list of medications, please bring in the list during your first appointment instead of filling it out online to save you time.
- NDBC Consent to Treat
- This consent allows NDBC providers evaluate and treat you. If this form isn’t signed, you cannot be seen by any of our providers.
- NDBC Verbal Authorization
- This form allows family and friends to contact NDBC for your treatment in regards to appointments, diagnosis’s, speak with any provider. This does NOT allow NDBC to send records to anyone.
- NDBC Telehealth Form
- This is another consent form we require all patients to sign ahead of time so they can be seen via TH. This way if your not feeling good enough to come into clinic, you could be seen via TH to keep you and our providers/patients safe.
- If you have a list of medications from your primary care provider, you can bring that list into the clinic the day of your appointment instead of filling out that portion online.
- Once you are done filling out the paperwork online you will click the green FINISH button. If it asks you to register an account (which you do NOT have to do) than you paperwork was submitted to NDBC. If it brings you back into the paperwork, please complete the required fields in RED.
STEP FOUR – SCHEDULING THERAPY APPOINTMENTS AFTER YOUR EVALUATION
- BCBS Medicare and Humana Medicare require a pre-authorization before you can start your therapy appointments.
- You can be seen for a Physical Therapy Evaluation or an Occupational Therapy Evaluation BUT until an authorization is obtained by you, we cannot continue therapy appointments unless it’s only for treatment of BPPV.
- Your therapy at NDBC will involve the utilization of multiple trained therapists over a few months. You should be expecting to work with 2-3 different providers over the course of your entire care at NDBC.