People with concussions and migraines often are sensitive to fluorescent ceiling lights, computer screens and bright sun. Luckily, there are several things that can help.
- For digital devices, if adjusting the brightness setting on your tablet, smartphone or eReader doesn’t help, you can download the free Bluelight Filter app from Google Play to improve the comfort level.
- Some people also benefit from wearing blue-light blocking glasses with computer work, like the ones found here.
- For sunlight, try good-quality sunglasses, or look for ones with a rose tint.
- If oncoming headlights are bothersome with nighttime driving, an anti-reflective coating can be added to prescription glasses.
- Overhead fluorescent lights can be altered easily with magnetic filters that attach to the frame of standard light panels. They come in blue and white .
If you are experiencing dizziness or balance difficulties, our specialized physical therapists and physical therapist assistants may be able to help. Contact one of our clinics to find out more, 952-345-3000.